The Best Golf Trip Destinations during National Golf Month
With three weeks left in May, are you hoping to celebrate National Golf Month? Better yet, are you a golfer looking to travel, but also staying within a budget?
Aligning various budgets is a challenge in any travel related plan. This is especially true for golf travel – a $20 billion dollar industry known to be associated with expensive costs. Golfers, similar to travel enthusiasts, are partaking in the recent “revenge travel” trend, with surveys showing 80% of golfers planning to take a trip in 2022 and a 12% increase in advanced bookings at golf resorts.
Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head, South Carolina, two of the Top 10 golf destinations for golf-specific trips, are home to a variety of amazing resorts with close proximity to world-renowned courses including Caledonia, True Blue, Harbor Town Golf Links, and Atlantic Dunes.
With majority of the day spent on the green, in-room time is typically at a minimum, allowing for the group to save some money on lodging rather than sacrifice a tee-time at one of their desired courses. RedWeek, a vacation rental platform that operates similar to an Airbnb, could be the travel hack for golfers looking to save on their next getaway. With an average savings of up to 40-60%, golfers simply book an unoccupied timeshare at a top resort in their desired location and enjoy all its standard resort amenities while doing so!
South Carolina is a great hub for golf destinations. Read on for a Fab Four of golf destinations to check this summer!
- Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes| Myrtle Beach, South Carolina:
- Upon your arrival at Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas, it will seem as if the majestic oaks have lined up to greet you and gently guide you down their timeless canopied walkway. The blue of the Atlantic quietly beckons, and this resort is especially perfect for golf enthusiasts—there are three golf courses within a 5-mile radius, and six within a 20-mile radius! Rates start at $125/night for a 2bd villa on RedWeek.com compared to $224/night direct!
- Marriott’s Harbour Point and Sunset Pointe at Shelter Cove | Hilton Head, South Carolina:Situated in the picturesque, Shelter Cove Harbour, the property overlooks Broad Creek on the Intracoastal side of the Island and is in close proximity to a variety of golf courses. The outdoor grilling area is perfect for enjoying dinner al-fresco after a round (or two) and the nearby firepit serves as the ultimate night cap spot. $150/night on RedWeek.com!
- Marriott’s Aruba Surf Club| Palm Beach, Aruba:
Marriott’s Aruba Surf Club sits beachfront on the Caribbean with an outdoor swimming pool, lazy river and health club. The resort features spacious villas designed to provide high-quality accommodations within a relaxing, escape resort and is just a mile away from Tierra del Sol Golf Course. Prices start around $114/night on RedWeek.com compared to $545/night direct.
- Marriott’s Newport Coast Villas| Newport Coast, California:
Marriott Newport Coast Villas is set on a majestic, soaring bluff overlooking the pristine stretch of Laguna Beach and the Pacific Ocean. Take the day to explore Pelican Hill Golf Club’s 36 championship holes or try your swing at Strawberry Farms Golf Club. Rates start at $250/night for a 2bd villa on RedWeek.com compared to $279/night direct!