Santee’s Best Golf Packages: Visit Golf’s Little Big Town
There’s an under the radar golf destination that’s making waves in South Carolina. Make 2022 the year you check out the premiere courses in Santee, SC, “Golf’s Little Big Town”?
Located Between Charleston and Columbia, you’ll find Santee, a small town (less than a 1,000 residents) with big time golf (anywhere from 20,000 golfers per weekend). What you won’t find though is expensive rounds and accommodations. Here’s what to expect in your next or first Santee round.
- Save on rounds and lodging by choosing from a variety of Santee’s budget friendly packages including 2 for 1 and all inclusive deals
- Must play courses include
- “The Big Three”: the community’s three quality courses located just a mile from one another
- Wyboo Golf Club: A Tom Jackson signature course, as well as one of The State Newspaper’s Top 10 Best Public Courses to Play in S.C.
- Palmetto Traverse: South Carolina’s first and largest natural grass putting experience. Opt into one of the Resort golf packages and enjoy unlimited play during your stay.
Not just a place for golf, Santee is also a destination for some of the state’s best outdoor activities, historic sites, and Southern cuisine. Grab some whole hog BBQ at Anthony Bourdain approved, Sweatman’s BBQ. Husband and wife duo, Bub and Margie Sweatman opened this local favorite in 1977 and have stayed committed to their 12-14 hour cooking process and secret mustard-based sauce ever since. Finish your afternoon fishing on Lake Marion, South Carolina’s largest lake and take a stab at setting the next record (16.2 lb. Largemouth Bass).
Lastly, history buffs can safely view some of the state’s history by walking the Swamp Fox Murals Trail. Located along the Santee River, these historic murals depict General Francis Marion and the Southern Campaign of the American Revolution. Enhance the experience by downloading the “Clarendon County Tour” app for a guided tour.
Santee’s relaxed, accessible, and nature rich setting make it the perfect spot for golf and weekend traveler enthusiasts alike.