Birdies and Brews for your Minnesota Guys Summer Getaway
According to the Mayo Clinic, spending time with your buddies is good for your health. One of the best ways to bond, and improve your health outlook is by taking advantage of Minnesota’s plethora of golf courses and craft beer breweries.
If you believe that beer, birdies, and buddies sounds like a great way to get healthier this summer, then check out these great Minnesota golf and craft beer options:
Birdies: With nearly 500 golf courses in Minnesota, it’s time to pack the clubs for the best boys trip by “par.”
- One of Arnold Palmer’s best designs, Deacon’s Lodge at Breezy Point is a par 72 championship with 18-holes that flows through 500 acres of lakes, wetlands and mixed forest – paired with its impeccably maintained Bentgrass greens, tees and fairways – is a course on everyone’s must play list.
- Golfers can find The Classic at Madden’s, the leader in Minnesota golf resorts, since 1926 only a few minutes away in Brainerd. Offering 63 holes of exceptional golf designed to appeal to all levels of ability, The Classic at Madden’s is both challenging – especially with water hazards on 15 of 18 holes and over 50 sand traps – and breathtakingly beautiful.
- In Nisswa, bros can visit Minnesota’s most awarded resort, Grand View Lodge, to take on The Preserve and the Pines. The Preserve invites golfers to experience golf and nature in harmony throughout the 18-hole, par 72 championship course set against in both forest and wetlands while The Pines offers 27 holes designed as three 9-hole landscapes at this unique championship par 72 course in Minnesota’s rich landscape of forest.
- Additional vacation planning plus: Minnesota will be home to the 3M Open in July in the Twin Cities. Play at these additional golf trails to prep to play amongst the stars.
Brews: Grab a beer with the boys and enjoy a cool sip on a warm summer day.
- At Roundhouse Brewery in downtown Nisswa, get a glimpse behind the scenes and tour the breweries’ taprooms to see the brewing process firsthand – and sample the sips in the room where it happens!
- For more taproom action, head down the street to Big Axe Brewing in pursuit of the perfect pint and the opportunity to connect with the history of the railroad town and other guests via nightly games, open jam seshes and food trucks galore.
- In Crosby, visit Cuyuna Brewing Co. for a beer steeped in Cuyuna’s industrial roots while embracing the world-renowned red dirt trails and deep-blue, crystal-clear mine lakes in between rounds.
- Additional vacation planning plus: Explore world-class, 50+ miles of mountain biking trails in Cuyuna for an exhilarating pre-beer activity.
If reviewing these great golf vacation ideas has you working up a thirst for 18 holes and your favorite craft beer, then why not book your Minnesota golf escape today.