Best Travel Experiences for Dad this Father’s Day
What does a baby computer call his father? Data. Although we’ve been celebrating dads (and their jokes) on the third Sunday of June since before computers even existed, the U.S. actually only declared it a federal holiday in 1972 – marking 50 years of Father’s Day this year!
This big milestone calls for a more meaningful gift to celebrate dad, at least that’s what consumers are saying – a recent survey revealed that special outings was the most coveted and consumed Father’s Day gifting category. This coupled with the promising outlook on summer travel sentiment, as well as events like reunions, and holidays being the greatest driving force for trips in 2022 – you can bet your readers will be trading in those expensive neckties and leather shoes for airfare and hotel nights this Father’s Day.
My hotel tried to charge me ten dollars extra for air conditioning. That wasn’t cool. Unlike the hotel in the punchline, here are 10 great hotel and travel experiences sure to delight every type of dad:
- For The Fairway Fanatic Father… A Golfing Paradise in Sarasota: A luxury landmark on Florida’s Gulf coast, The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota is just minutes from premier arts venues, fishing, watersports, and the Ritz-Carlton Member’s Golf Club. The resort will be celebrating fathers all June long with its brand-new “A” Game Retreat package, which includes daily access to The Golf Club’s practice facility, a one-hour Golf Pro private lesson, 18-hole tee time for two, and a special cocktail and cigar pairing experience.
- For the Picturesque Pop… Tee Time in the Rockies: Park Hyatt Beaver Creek dad guests can enjoy world-class championship golf courses, boasting jaw-dropping picturesque mountain backdrops this Fathers’ Day. Off the course, can enjoy hiking, fly fishing, mountain biking, hot air ballooning, whitewater rafting, and more. No matter the day’s activities, the hotel’s, Brass Bear Bar, is the best place for much deserved “dad time.”
- For The First-Time Father… A Baby-Proofed Getaway in St. Thomas: New dads itching to travel will feel a weight lifted off their shoulders (both mentally and physically) with the BEABA Baby Concierge at The Ritz-Carlton, St Thomas. Guests have access to a curated in-room menu of products that make vacationing with little ones more manageable. Enhancing the convenience factor – St. Thomas is an overseas territory, meaning dad doesn’t have to be the designated passport holder and no testing is needed to return home.
- For The Pampered Pop… A Relaxing Retreat in Miami Beach: Located in Miami Beach’s Art Deco District, Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel is an ideal beachfront haven for a rejuvenating Father’s Day retreat. From culinary marvels to Miami’s best private poolside cabanas, and three dad-themed spa packages that come with complimentary post-treatment Scotch, this property is a Father’s Day dream.
- For The Frugal Father… An Urban Jaunt in New Orleans: Located on Canal Street, Sheraton New Orleans Hotel provides a budget-friendly Father’s Day weekend escape. With starting rates of $167/night, dads will delight in the property’s rooftop pool, fitness center, two onsite restaurants, and the plethora of on-site art displays. Nearby destination attractions dads can explore include golfing at Loft18 Metaire, The National World War II Museum, and The Audubon Zoo.
- For the Girl Dad… A Flower Show in Philadelphia: Flowers are in full bloom on Father’s Day Weekend during The PHS Philadelphia Flower Show, the nation’s longest-running horticultural event. Take in lavish flower displays and impressive demonstrations that will have your little girl (or young lady) dreaming of peonies, hydrangeas, and topiaries. Stay overnight at The Notary Hotel located in the heart of Philly, and end your day at Sabroso + Sorbo for a Daddy-Daughter date that you’ll remember forever.
- For The Dad-venturer… An Active Sunshine State Escape: Unlike many other parts of Florida, 40% of South Walton’s land is preserved, where the most active dad will revel in 200+ miles of hiking and biking trails. For dads fixated on spending their special day out on the water, Grayton Beach is the only place in the country where charter fishing trips launch right off the beach. The area is also home to the world’s largest concentration of rare coastal dune lakes which are perfect for birdwatching, kayaking, and stand-up paddleboarding.
- For The Foodie Father… A Tantalizing Trip to The Cayman Islands:
Located on Grand Cayman’s Seven Mile Beach, Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa is a food-lovers paradise. Featuring three distinct culinary outlets including a chef’s tasting bar, a locally influenced Mediterranean restaurant, and a beachside taco joint, this resort is sure to impress dad’s sophisticated palate.
- For the BBQ-Loving Dad… An Upscale Grill Master Dinner in Tampa: Located at the Tampa Marriott Water Street, Anchor and Brine offers a coastal-driven approach to food with menus that feature high-quality seasonal dishes. This Father’s Day, the restaurant is offering a special, “World’s Greatest Dad Grill Out” three-course dinner experience, inclusive of three-courses with choice of lobster tail or ribeye cooked to order by grill master. Seafood loving dads can enhance the overall experience by indulging in the raw bar’s selection of fresh oysters, salmon crudo, ceviche and more.
- For the Paddling Pop… Water Sport Fun in Lake Tahoe: With direct Lake Tahoe beach access, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe’s, Lake Club boasts a private boat pier, complimentary kayaks and paddleboards, an outdoor whirlpool spa, and an exclusive partnership with MasterCraft for guests to use their top-of-the-line boats. This summer, the property is expanding its partnership with the boating company, offering even more options for lake-loving Dads this Father’s Day.