A Look Inside the Private Villas within Australia’s Luxury Lodges
New private villas within the grounds of Australia’s luxury lodges are skyrocketing in popularity. Precedence Research anticipates the global vacation rental market to be valued at US$111.2 billion by 2030. This forecast comes as the trend of private travel for affluent vacationers becomes an established pattern as the world emerges from the Pandemic. Australian tourism is poised to benefit.
Properties within the Luxury Lodges of Australia collection have developed new private villa accommodations allowing secluded luxury paired with all the benefits of staying at one of these five-star experiential accommodations. Examples include:
- Opened in July 2022, this private villa is situated on the Great Barrier Reef within the exclusive Lizard Island Resort, approximately 17 miles off the coast of northern Queensland. The House offers the ultimate in luxury reef accommodation, allowing up to eight visitors to enjoy an all-inclusive, authentically Australian stay. This includes tailored experiences curated for each guest, a personal naturalist to lead hikes, a private chef and sommelier as well as an on-call facialist, masseuse and yoga instructor.
- Dune Pavilionat Longitude 131° – Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park, Northern Territory
- The Dune Pavilion at Longitude 131° is Australia’s only accommodation with views of both the World Heritage-listed Uluru and Kata Tjuṯa. The villa has two separate living and sleeping areas, featuring an outdoor deck with a daybed, fireplace and private plunge pool, complemented by outdoor rain showers as well as deep outback-style tubs.
- Wollemi Villaand Wolgan Villa at Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley – Wolgan Valley, New South Wales
- The two-bedroom Wollemi Villa or three-bedroom Wolgan Villa offer a private escape to the Australian countryside at Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley in the Blue Mountains, just outside Sydney. Each villa is completely self-contained, with private verandahs, temperature-controlled swimming pools, a fireplace, and a private dining team to tailor and cook organic, seasonal feasts using a bounty of locally sourced ingredients.
- Owner’s Residenceat Southern Ocean Lodge (opening 2023) – Kangaroo Island, South Australia
- Two years after the Kangaroo Island bushfires, the rebuild of the luxurious Southern Ocean Lodge is underway slated to open in 2023. As a part of the development, the new ultra-premium Ocean Pavilion will offer clifftop views over the Southern Ocean, with four bedrooms and bathrooms. A design feature of the villa will be its outdoor terrace leading to an infinity pool.
- Dairy Flat Farmat Lake House – Daylesford, Victoria
- Located close to the Lake House hotel in Victoria’s countryside outside of Melbourne, Dairy Flat Lodge offers a private, concierge serviced villa experience set on working sustainable farmlands which includes a vineyard, orchard and olive grove. Up to 12 guests can be accommodated in six private King Suites, each with a private ensuite. The villa is surrounded by lush farmland and forest home to kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and abundant Australian birdlife. Guests can access the Lodge Concierge to book on-site exclusive experiences on the farm, at its bake house and to make local connections within the Daylesford community.