The Latest from Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel
(Worley, Idaho; November 15, 2022) – Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel today announces its new Little Dragon Eatery is open and serving quick, easy Asian-inspired dishes for lunch and dinner. Located in part of the casino resort’s former High Mountain Buffet location that was closed in March of 2020, it is adjacent to the high limit HnLamqe’ VIP Gaming room (HnLamqe’ means “Bear” in the Coeur d’Alene language). Little Dragon is the first offering of the new Smukwe ‘shn Food Court (“Sunflower”).
“We opened Little Dragon because it serves a frequently requested, popular food type,” said Laura Penney, CEO, Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel. “We strive to provide amenities and options that our guests and visitors prefer.”
Little Dragon Eatery’s menu was developed by Tracy Rose, Executive Chef, Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel. It includes chicken, beef, and vegetable dishes, as well as house-made sauces that can be substituted for any menu item’s listed sauce. Menu items are served in bowls for quick in-venue dining and lids are provided for easy takeaway. Orders for large bowls come with a complimentary large egg roll. The Eatery’s hours are Wednesday & Thursday 11am – 8pm, Friday & Saturday 11am – 9pm, and closed Sunday – Tuesday.
Native American Heritage Month
November marks a month-long recognition of Native American Heritage, which is the heart and soul of Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel and its owner, Coeur d’Alene Tribe.
Some events being held to commemorate the heritage celebration include:
- The “The Indian and the White Guy” Comedy Show Nov. 18 (SOLD OUT);
- The Winter Blessing, a free event on Nov. 20 at 2 pm upstairs at the casino and includes an afternoon of traditional storytelling and dance exhibition (with complimentary fry bread and huckleberry jam); and
- The “25 Winners of Up to $2,500” promotion on Nov. 19 – of course, the Coeur d’Alene Tribe and casino is celebrating Native American Heritage month by blessing some lucky guests. Twenty-five players will win prizes of up to $2,500 in cash or Extra Play Cash. Use the Coeur Rewards Card to earn entries, one entry for every 250 points earned on the day of the drawing between noon and 6:45 pm. The prize drawings will commence starting at 7 pm.
- The award-winning resort features a robust Cultural Tourism Program, enabling guests and visitors to explore Native American foods, activities, experiential history, and the land that the Tribe has called home for thousands of years. The resort and tribe’s cultural activities and amenities are so well conceived and presented that Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel was named Tribal Destination of the Year in 2019 by AIANTA (American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association).
“Everything that Coeur d’Alene Tribe does is designed to honor our culture and history as well as empower the tribe and its members to thrive now and going forward,” said Penney. “Native American Heritage month is another chance for us to tell our story and continue building on it through education and our resort amenities and activities.”
Holiday Shop Tax-Free
Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel is an ideal place to shop during the holidays thanks to its tax-free gift items. A variety of merchandise is available in three distinct venues:
- Mountain Lodge Gift Shop – items include jewelry, casino logo items, holiday décor, Native American artwork, gift cards, cigars, and more. Hours: Sun-Thurs, 9 am-9 pm and Fri-Sat, 9 am-11 pm
- Circling Raven Pro Shop – twice voted Merchandiser of the Year nationally by the PGA of America, the award-winning shop offers gift-wrapping of apparel, equipment, Native American themed items, gift cards, accessories, and much more. Hours: Nov. 30-Dec. 23: Wed-Sat 10 am-6pm, Sunday 10 am-3 pm, closed Mon-Tues
- Spa Ssakwa’q’n (SOCK-wah-kin) – the retail section of the peaceful oasis features NuFace products, Miracle Hair Oil, Spa Scents Eucalyptus items, and leading professional skin care lines BABOR, Farmhouse Fresh, Blue Beautifly, Naturopathica, and more. Hours: Sun, Mon, Thurs: 10 am-6 pm; Tues-Wed: 10 am-4 pm, Fri-Sat: 10 am-7 pm (the spa closes 4 pm on Dec. 24 and closed on Dec. 25)
Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel is North Idaho’s premier destination for relaxation, gaming, and recreation. For more information: call 1-800-523-2464 or visit cdacasino.com