Spain Travel Plans 2023: Hotels Roundup
Spain continues to rank as one of the top destinations in the world to visit.
As their fame continues to rise, here are some hotels in Madrid, Barcelona, and Tenerife in which you can’t go wrong for a satisfying stay.
So whether you’re travel passion is art, architecture, culinary, historical landmarks, gorgeous views, or sheer relaxation, here are Spain’s best of the best in hotels.
VP Hotels Spain: An International Hub for Visitors, Located in the Heart of Madrid
Everything you need to know about Madrid’s Best 5-Star Hotel for U.S. & International Travelers
- The new VP Plaza España Design is just a few steps away from the city’s most historical landmarks such as the Royal Palace, the Almudena Cathedral and the Temple of Debod.
- The hotel is also situated next to the best theatres and shopping centers, like the world’s largest Zara. Located between the bustling Gran Vía and the majestic Palacio de Oriente, the hotel VP Plaza España Design occupies a privileged place in the heart of Madrid.
Comfort & Relaxation
- The hotel is known for its comfort and privileged views from every room. The rooms are sized larger than average and are so comfortable that it was the official hotel of the Davis Cup for two consecutive years. The VP Biloba Spa is a bubble of relaxation in the heart of Madrid.
- In this wellness space, isolated from noise, you can have a facial, body massage or bathe in the exclusive water area overlooking the Plaza de España. Our specialists work with high-end cosmetics from Natura Bissé, listed as the “Best Spa Brand in the World” at the World Spa Awards in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Art & Design
- At VP Plaza España Design, design, art and architecture take center stage where some of the country’s biggest names have taken part in its remarkable concept, both façade and interiors of the building.
- VP Plaza España Design serves as a platform to showcase some of the best international architects and designers, including the B720 architect’s studio and the Cuarto Interior and Studio Gronda interior design studios. There is a collection of more than 300 works.
Ginkgo Restaurant & Sky Bar
- The Panoramic 360º Ginkgo Restaurant & Sky Bar is located on the 12th floor of VP Plaza España Design Hotel and offers stunning views of the Royal Palace, the Debod Temple and the surrounding Madrid mountain-ranges.
- The “Leed Gold” sign hanging on the entrance door indicates that this is a “green building” built to eco-efficiency and sustainability standards.
- It was the first hotel to register (2014) and the second to obtain the prestigious LEED Gold certificate (2019) awarded by the U.S. Green Building Council in Spain, an award and recognition that is only granted to those facilities that comply with a demanding environmental cycle that begins from the very moment of its construction and analyzes aspects such as efficiency in the use of energy resources.
Majestic Hotel & Spa
- The five-star hotel plays an emblematic role in Barcelona and has reclaimed its place among the iconic landmarks in the vibrant city. Majestic has been a symbol of hotel excellence since 1918 and member of the Leading Hotels of the World since 2015, becoming a benchmark of timeless elegance.
- Located in the heart of the city, Passeig de Gracia, the hotel’s unique establishment is rich in character, conveying the essence of luxury and comfort
- Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona was awarded Prix Villégiature’s Best Hotel Suite in the World. After having won Best Breakfast in a Hotel in Europe in 2018 and Best Hotel City Terrace in Europe in 2019, Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona is now home to the Best Hotel Suite in the World. These awards recognize the hotel’s dedication and passion spanning over 100 years in the luxury, gastronomy, health and wellness space.
- The Majestic Royal Penthouse is Barcelona’s largest penthouse with panoramic views of both the renowned Paseo de Gràcia and the Sagrada Familia. This lavish 5,000 sq. feet suite features a dining room, living room, three bedrooms and two spacious terraces complete with whirlpools.
The Majestic Spa
- Located on the top floor of the hotel, guests will enjoy from an elevated spa experience, with the latest advancements in the world of aesthetics, wellness, and beauty. In collaboration with Natura Bissé (named World’s Best Spa Brand in 2020) and Hora Sexta, the new menu includes a hydrotherapy experience, signature treatments and personalized massages, bringing together the therapeutic benefits of natural, stimulating, and detoxifying products and equipment.
- Majestic Hotel’s rooftop restaurant and bar, La Dolce Vitae is the hotel’s crown jewel. Surrounding the plunge pool, this rooftop has become one of Barcelona’s most prestigious meeting and entertainment venues, offering scenic views to the Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlló, and the Agbar Tower, as well as a new summer a la carte menu with a selection of traditional Spanish and Mediterranean dishes.
- Michelin-star gastronomy is offered at the 1st floor of the Hotel. Restaurant SOLC was designed as a tribute to the local produce used in Catalonian cuisine throughout history, offering local, seasonal, Mediterranean dishes prepared with the finest quality ingredients, delighting even the most selective palates.
- Live the exclusive Barcelona lifestyle, courtesy of “The Majestic Experiences” – incomparable! Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona 5*GL is launching a number of exclusive adventures for guests to experience the city as never before. The hotel provides guests with imaginative and customizable programs to discover the city from right in the heart of Passeig de Gracia.