Puerto Rico Hotels, Restaurants, and Rum Tours: What’s New in 2022
Discover Puerto Rico is excited to share some exciting new hotel, restaurant, and other openings on the Island for the beginning of this new year. On the heels of a monumental and record-breaking 2021, these new offerings are a welcome boost to Puerto Rico’s continuing momentum as the leading destination for US travelers.
Here’s what’s new and noteworthy on the Island. Let me know if you would like any additional information or may be interested in speaking to a representative.
- A celebration of Caribbean heritage through deep colors, textures and flavors, Cocina: Pública is a farm-to-table restaurant run by Chef Yashira Velez, former kitchen assistant and sous chef of Chef Paxx Caraballo
- For more information, visit their Instagram page
- Another new sustainable-focused restaurant, La Isla in Miramar, is a family business producing conscious cuisine, with most ingredients harvested locally, and a goal to reduce solid waste and single-use plastics
- Travelers can join the Huskee Swap program and purchase your own reusable coffee cup then bring it back and receive your next coffee in a clean, sanitized cup. Repeat to reduce, reuse, recycle!
- Spinning off the local favorite icy treat, the piragua, Pira Rum opened its doors on December 18th as Old San Juan’s first alcoholic piragua restaurant for adults looking for a sweet treat! In addition to the traditional delicacy with a twist, Pira Rum will serve light bites with international inspiration, and other classic rum cocktails like the mojito.
- Puerto Rico Rum Journey is a new tour operator app offering some of the most comprehensive looks into the rum industry that the Island is famous for. From tastings with flights of rum to tours of local distilleries, check out Puerto Rico Rum Journey for a day of drinking well spent.