Last Minute Coast to Coast 4th of July Trips
Is this the year you’re going to hit the road on 4th of July? The question is, “What are the best cities, places, and settings for sunrise to sunset fun on the 4th? Read on for seven great destinations for celebrating red, white, and blue.
- A waterfront Fourth of July Celebration in Tampa at the JW Marriott Tampa Water Street.
- Located in the heart of the buzzing Water Street neighborhood in Tampa, the new JW Marriott Tampa Water Street provides the perfect setting for a July 4th Getaway through a newly-launched package offering a $50 hotel credit, immaculate guest room views (ideal for watching the spectacular firework displays), special activities, complimentary champagne, and weeklong live entertainment. Additionally, guests can enjoy delicious meals and cocktails at the two onsite restaurants (SIX and DRIFTLIGHT). Go for a refreshing dip at the rooftop pool, or enjoy a relaxing massage at the famed Spa By JW® .
- Celebrate the Fourth of July in the birthplace of Elvis Presley, Tupelo, Mississippi.
North Mississippi’s largest Fourth of July celebration, Tupelo’s annual All-American City Family Picnic in the Park, will take place on July 4th at Ballard Park. Admission is free and the event will offer an array of food vendors, a BBQ competition, live music, and conclude with a fireworks display at 9:10 pm. Looking to stay a while? Stay at the new Hotel Tupelo, the city’s first boutique hotel property.
- A Fourth fit for the President in Seward, Nebraska.
Named “America’s Official Fourth of July City – Small Town USA” by the resolution of Congress in 1979, there is no better place to watch fireworks than in Seward. The Seward Annual Fourth of July Celebration, held July 2-5, 2022, has annually been organized and led by high school students. The U.S. President and First Lady have been invited each year and have yet to attend—I’m sure the Biden’s RSVP is in the mail! Make sure to grab some food, enjoy live music, and don’t miss the show-stopping fireworks display Seward has to offer.
- A run to independence in Carmel, Indiana.
CarmelFest is Central Indiana’s largest Fourth of July festival. The two-day, volunteer-run festival will take place from July 3-4 and includes delicious food vendors, live performances, a local artisan marketplace, a patriotic parade, and more. Guests can kick off the holiday weekend with the annual Freedom Run and Walk on July 2.
- Celebrate the red, white and blue with a unique carnival experience in South Walton, Florida.
Balloon artists, caricaturists, jugglers, live music parades, stilt walkers and more bring the carnival experience to Seaside’s Central Square Block Party (9 am– 8 pm) this Independence Day. Order ahead from Fish Out Of Water for pre-made picnic meals to enjoy at the beach during Seaside’s fireworks finale at 8:30 pm—the largest fireworks display along the Gulf Coast! Fun fact: The town of Seaside, Florida, is nowadays well known as the amazingly perfect American dream town that was the live set for Jim Carrey’s 1998 movie, The Truman Show.
- South Carolina’s largest firework display in Lake Murray.
- Enjoy the patriotic display as locals and visitors decorate their boats in ways that will leave you amazed during the 4th of July Celebration on Lake Murray presented by Lexington Medical Center! Viewable from the park sites at the Lake Murray Dam after 1 pm or by boat! This year’s theme is “Honoring our Heroes.” The fireworks, will be the state’s largest display and will launch at dark (9:15-9:30 pm) from two lake locations: Spence Island & Dreher Island.
- An out-of-this world 4th of July in Houston, Texas.
- Enjoy six hours of festivities, tradition, and live concerts, at Freedom Over Texas on July 4th. The event will feature local, regional, and national entertainment and will be concluded with a “Texas-sized” fireworks finale. Not to mention, this year the NASA Johnson Space Center will be celebrating its 60th anniversary with astronaut meet-and-greets, virtual field trips, and more.