Holiday Travel at Home with these Dreamy Resort Inspired Cocktails
Do you dream of holiday travel while sipping a favorite cocktail in the cozy comfort of home?
Here’s a way to bring the taste of a faraway escape to your own living room. Sit back and visualize yourself at a private dock in Belize. How about a secluded beachfront view along Mexico’s coast? Maybe your escape is a Panamanian seaside resort. Perhaps your cocktail fantasy conjures visions of a Chicago bucket list hotel.
Whatever your best-of-the-best cocktail image, taste, or story may be, we’ve got you covered with five amazing holiday-themed recipes below. Are you read Checkout these cocktail vacations at home!
Cayo Espanto’s Christmas Tide
Home to seven villas total and located three miles off the coast of Belize, Cayo Espanto is a barefoot luxe island resort perfect for intimate holiday season getaways. Each villa comes equipped with a personal butler, private dock area and customized meals set by the on-island world-renowned chef. The resort’s on-island staff help to customize the perfect and ideal experience for each traveler throughout their stay. The following recipe details how guests can have a taste of the Cayo Espanto experience while at home this season.
- 2 Oz. Kahlua
- 4 Oz. Belizean Rum Popo
- 2 Candy Cane
- ¼ Cup Sugar
INGREDIENTS FOR BELIZEAN RUM POPO:
- 3 eggs
- 3 Cup Evaporated milk
- 1 ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup Belizean gold Rum
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. fresh nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- In a mixer beat the eggs for 5 minutes until light and fluffy, add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, vanilla, and spices continue to mix on high 2 minutes. Add the rum reduce speed to low. Mix an additional 2 minutes, store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Crush the candy cane with ¼ cup of sugar. Dampen the edge of a chilled martini glass and dip into the candy cane sugar mixture and pour 2 Oz. Kahlua in the bottom. Add the Rum popo to a shaker with ice and shake 20 seconds. Slowly pour the chilled rum popo into the side of the glass as not to mix with the Kahlua. Garnish with candy cane and fresh mint.
Coco Collection’s Lychee Cooler
Comprised of two different boutique island resorts, Coco Bodu Hithi and Coco Palm Dhuni Kohlhu, Coco Collection creates a unique Maldivian experience ranging from luxe amenities to eco-forward initiatives for guests to indulge in during their stay. The secluded resorts offer the ideal dreamy escape to add to bucket lists for a future escape. In the meantime, future guests can enjoy a virtual taste of the island escape through their signature Lychee Cooler this holiday season.
- Fresh / Canned Lychee
- Cream de Menthe
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Grenadine Syrup
- Add your Lychees in to a blender with the lime juice, vodka, and a handful of ice cubes. Blend for 30 seconds or until you get a nice slushy texture.
- Strain and pour the mix into a glass pre-chilled with ice cubes.
- Pour the Cream de Menthe down half the inside of the glass. Carefully pour grenadine syrup down the other half.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh lime and a mint spring.
Grand Residences’ Royal Christmas Cocktail
Nestled in what was once a small fisherman village about half an hour outside of Cancun, Grand Residences Riviera Cancun is a hidden coastal treasure full of incredible cuisine, luxurious amenities and breathtaking views of the coastal waters. Travelers can be transported to the tropical paradise this holiday season by recreating the following signature cocktail at home.
- 1.5 oz cranberry juice
- 1 oz Vodka
- 0.5 oz of Frangelico
- 0.5 oz of Baileys
- Dash of evaporated milk
- Glassware: Jerez glass
- Pour cranberry Juice, vodka and cubed Ice in an ice shaker and shake vigorously.
- Emulsify in the blender the Hazelnut Liqueur, the Baileys and the Evaporated Milk.
- First, pour in the jerez glass the mix of cranberry Juice and vodka followed by the Mix with the Emulsification of Mixed Creams and decor with a Christmas-style Chocolate stick.
- Sit back and enjoy!
Saba Rock’s Tipsy Reindeer
Made famous by the ‘last pirate of the Caribbean,’ diving legend Herbert “Bert” Kilbride in the 1960s, Saba Rock has been a must-stop in the British Virgin Islands for its party atmosphere for decades. Now completely reimagined after devastation from Hurricane Irma, the all-new Saba Rock is home to nine luxurious suites, a restaurant, sunset lounge, two bars, a dive and retail shop, full-service spa room, marina, and a helipad for convenient entrance and exit. Still, the much beloved 1-acre cay retains its reputation for having great food and even better drinks. For a taste of the resort, feel free to indulge in the recipe below.
- Vodka 1.5 oz
- St Germaine 1oz
- Strawberry Syrup 1.5 oz
- Lime juice .33 oz
- Add all ingredients to shaker.
- Shake vigorously and strain into glass.
- Top up with Prosecco, garnish with strawberry and lime, then serve.
Swissotel Chicago’s Three Holiday Cocktails
Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, overlooking the Chicago River and Lake Michigan, and just steps away from Navy Pier and the Magnificent mile, The Swissotel Santa Suite is back for its eight annual holiday season!
Each year the 2,000-square-foot Presidential Suite is transformed into Santa’s home-away-from-the-Pole for the holiday season featuring over-the-top décor and numerous glistening Christmas trees complimented by sweeping views of the magical city cityscape.
Visit or stay in the Santa Suite this season to meet Santa Claus himself and overindulge in holiday treats and festive cocktails followed by holiday shopping on Magnificent mile.
Jingle Bell Punch
- 2oz white whiskey
- 1oz lemon juice
- .75oz simple syrup
- .5oz red wine
- Method: Shake first three ingredients with ice until chilled. Strain into rocks glass filled with ice. Float red wine on top garnished with bing cherries.
- The Fireside
2oz Bulleit Rye Whiskey
- 2 dashes of angostura bitters
- .25oz maple syrup
- Method: Stir all ingredients with plenty of ice. Torch the star anise in a wooden board and smoke the glass. Strain all ingredients into a rock glass with ice or single ice cube and garnish with orange peel.
- Tipsy Elf
- 2oz vodka
- 1oz lime juice
- .75oz lavender syrup
- .5oz club soda
- Method: Shake first three ingredients with ice until chilled, strain into rock glass filled with ice. Top with club soda and garnish with cucumber peel and lavender sprig
The Buenaventura Golf & Beach Resort Holiday Saril Cocktail
Located in Riviera Pacifica, The Buenaventura Golf & Beach Resort is a destination resort and beach community two hours outside of Panama City. The family-friendly resort offers travelers a quick, yet exotic getaway with miles of uncrowded beaches, unique rainforest experiences, and plenty of activities for all ages to enjoy. The 114-room and 4 villas luxury resort is perfect for anyone who loves the outdoors. The resort offers a range of onsite activities with six swimming pools and two Jacuzzis, four plunge pools, a kids and teen club, Nicklaus designed 18-hole championship golf course, biking, tennis, a zoo, sports club, spa, and many other nearby experiences. During the holiday season, the resort offers guests their exclusive Holiday Saril Cocktail using the saril flower as the main ingredient. This seasonal flower, also known as Hibiscus, is popular for infusing drinks in Panamanian homes during the Christmas season.
Holiday Saril Cocktail
- 45ml Bombay Gin
- 30ml Saril (Hibiscus) Cordial
- 30ml of lemon juice
- Splash of Proseco
- Mix all ingredients in a glass with large ice cubes
- Garnish with a Hibiscus flower and cotton candy mint