Active Escapes at ADLER Spa Resort SICILIA
The shores of southern Sicily offer an abundance of unspoilt countryside and coastline to discover. Here, Spring starts early with the warm Sirocco breeze making March and April the perfect months to enjoy active adventures and unlimited exploration.
With endless white sand beaches, protected wildlife reserves and wide expanses of breathtaking countryside to explore, Southern Sicily is one of Italy’s most enchanting and undiscovered natural landscapes.
In the heart of the Sicilian countryside overlooking the azure Mediterranean Sea below, you will find an inspiring new sustainable spa resort immersed in nature. ADLER Spa Resort SICILIA opened its doors in July 2022 and since that time has become one of Europe’s no.1 destinations for nature lovers and active travellers.
Resting on a plateau overlooking the sea, ADLER Spa Resort SICILIA sits unassumingly against a breathtaking backdrop of mountains, olive groves, vineyards, and unspoilt countryside. A sustainable resort that takes inspiration from the landscape, every element of the resort has been carefully designed to respect the surroundings and the unique local biodiversity. The location is truly unsurpassable and the perfect setting for travellers who enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle, or indeed for those wishing to improve their holistic well-being.
At the heart of the ADLER Spa Resort SICILIA is a subterranean contemporary spa featuring 15 Seaview cabins, where guests can enjoy treatments and therapies designed to promote a profound sense of wellness and rejuvenation. Water plays a large part in the ADLER wellness experience and the resort features three expansive pools including a saltwater infinity pool, a fitness pool and a therapeutic Thalasso therapy pool. Alongside the zen-like spa sits three saunas with panoramic sea views which enjoy incredible sunset vistas.
A daily programme of fitness and cultural activities is on offer with most being included within the very reasonable half-board packages. These uplifting experiences are at the core of the ADLER philosophy which encourages a 360° approach to wellness. Activities and excursions pay respect to the resort’s incredible location celebrating the natural landscape as well as the local culture, history, and cuisine.
- Biking – Top-grade electric bikes are available to guests free of charge and group tours take place most days. These smart bikes make cycling the steeper hills and valleys a little less challenging when needed. There are many scenic routes to choose from which pass by the Scala dei Turchi and the historical ruins of Monte Suso.
- Water Sports – The resort has its own private access to the beach where paddleboards are available for exploring the coastline along the Torre Salsa. Group excursions are scheduled throughout the week. Paddle your way on tranquil waters, from the golden beach of Giallonardo to the natural pools of Le Pergole. Canoes and Kayaks tours can also be arranged locally.
- Horse Riding – Nothing can beat trekking on horseback for reconnecting with nature. Ride through the open countryside past endless vineyards and olive groves or enjoy a magical Sicilian sunset ride along the beach.
- Fitness – Each day, the resort has a full and broad schedule of optional fitness sessions that take place at the resort and often on the beach. Classes include Pilates, Yoga, TRX resistance training, Cardio, Balance, Running and Fitball.
- Culture – Discovery excursions include historical tours of Palermo and Trapani which pass iconic landmarks such as the Saline in Marsala, Valle dei Templi and the Selinunte Temples. Expert guides will share the secrets of Southern Sicily’s vibrant past and captivating local culture.
- Eno-tours – Enjoy a guided tour and tasting at the historic ‘Florio’ cellars and discover the ancient art of making Marsala. Visit the famous Planeta winery which was featured in the TV series ‘White Lotus’ and sample a taste of sensational Sicilian wines.
- Gourmet – Combine history, heritage, and food with a unique gourmet experience set within the heart of the Valle dei Templi. Enjoy an atmospheric cooking class at Casa Barbadoro and discover how local organic ingredients are used in typical regional cuisine.