A Touch of Literary History at The Marker Key West Harbor Resort
Key West has a deep literary history that dates back to the early 1900s, serving as the home to many well-known American writers, including Phil Caputo, Tom McGuane, Jim Harrison, John Hersey, Alison Lurie, Robert Stone and, perhaps the most famous, Ernest Hemingway. The beloved author penned numerous novels while living at his Spanish-Colonial residence at 907 Whitehead Street (The Hemingway Home), which is now a national landmark and one of the island’s most popular tourist attractions.
The Marker Key West Harbor Resort is offering guests the opportunity to fully experience the destination’s literary history with The Ernest Hemingway Package, which includes:
- One bottle of Papa’s Pilar Rum + a tour of Papa’s Pilar Distillery
- Fun Fact: Named after Hemingway’s beloved sailing vessel, Pilar (his muse for many a novel), Papa’s Pilar blends rums from throughout the Caribbean, Florida and Central America into one single pour.
- Tickets to The Hemingway Home for a tour of the grounds
- A sunset sail or fishing charter for guests to partake in one of Hemingway’s favorite pastimes (charters include Captain Moe’s Lucky Fleet and Time Flys Fishing)
- An in-room suncare kit from Key West Aloe along with face masks and massage oil to recover from a day in the sun
For travelers who love to curl up with a good book, The Marker also offers guests a unique reading experience, aptly named the Literary Haven. Prior to arrival, guests can describe their “perfect reading environment,” and the hotel’s concierge team will re-create that atmosphere in their room with the following items and more: aromatherapy diffusers, earplugs, pillows and blankets to make a cozy reading corner, and even an in-suite comfort food dining menu.